Graduate Catalog: 2021-22

Change of Grades

Only the faculty member who assigns a grade may make a change in that grade. Students who believe a grade was erroneously given should confer with the appropriate faculty member. If a resolution is not reached, refer to the procedures outlined in the Academic Grade Appeal Policy.

The grade submitted by a faculty member at the end of the semester is considered a final grade and ordinarily a grade change should not be requested unless one of the following two circumstances occurs:

  1. The grade is an incomplete (I), and needs to be changed when the required coursework is completed.
  2. An error was made in assigning the original grade.